Sunday

Not How…Just When….

We always talked about kids from the early stages of our relationship. There was never a why?, just how....when. We knew what a blessing children would be to our lives, and though, not eager at first, thought one day we would be able to share our abundant life and house full of love with children of our own. Unconventional, yes, impossible, no. We never gave it any thought, and just moved on with our lives. First the honeymoon phase…then starting the company…then Todd joining me at the company…then the company exploding…..then getting married....when was it ever going to be a good time? Well, as she does, Mother Nature nudged us in 2008 when I turned 40. I started doing the math, and if we really did want a family, we better start soon. I mean we were not getting any younger, joints were starting to move a little slower, we were nesting and travel was starting to take it’s toll. I had heard that Surrogacy could take 24 months or so from research to birth. I was surprised by that number, but soon after we began our diligence, we learned 18-24 months without any hiccups was pretty sound estimate and boy, were we right…….

No comments:

Post a Comment